I had one of those little notifications from WordPress last week – wishing me a Happy Anniversary with WordPress.
I began blogging right at the end of April in 2018…which makes this site a whopping 5 years old!
Did I ever ever ever imagine back in April 2018 that the following would happen after I started writing:
- I would write over 2700 articles, short stories and poems
- I would discover hundreds of talented writers, poets, foodies and others who love publishing on WordPress
- would become pregnant and experience a miscarriage
- I would go all the way to Australia to spend time with a man (Goldfinch) I was in love with
- I would develop one of my short stories and go on to publish a three part novel series
- I would make peace with a man (Jack) who had caused me great grief and been estranged from for years
- the world would experience a Pandemic and we would go through National Lock-downs and extensive restrictions to international travel
- after keeping my writing secret for over two years, I would share my site with friends and help them to start their own WordPress sites
- I would agree to marry Jack
- I would co-host four annual Great Bloggers’ Bake Offs along with Jeanne and Gary
- I would start working on a prequel/sequel to my original three part novel series
I would never have imagined the dramas and developments of the past five years. I am so glad that while life moves along like a river – sometimes gentle and blissful meandering, sometimes crashing onto rocks and plummeting catastrophic depths – I am writing. Writing is a wonderful medium through which your heart can become articulate.
Whether you are a new writer or a long-time writer – enjoy finding your own language, your way of expressing what is inside you. If you are someone who knows there are many great emotions trapped, buried deep inside you, yearning to escape – start writing – let it flow out gradually. The process is hugely satisfying and though at times it may hurt, in time the results will be so beneficial.
Writing is an epic journey – a voyage that promises adventures and treasures galore. Enjoy your writing, enjoy the writing of others – and soon you will look back and say “where did the time go?” and “look at all that has happened in that time!”
This is of course where it all began: