We have a very indulgent treat from Atara, the creator of Atara’s Ideas. We have already had some marvellous microwave baking this weekend, but now Atara has sent a photo of her Choco Lava Mug Cake! It looks so decadent and delicious!
Now Atara…this photo has led to a first aid incident in my household. Jack decided that microwave baking was within his reach. He thought that a chocolate lava cake would go perfectly with the red fruits salad he made this weekend. So he googled Choco Lava Mug Cake and he found a recipe. I will tell you what happened after you have seen Atara’s photo…
…Rather than use a mug, he used one of my ramekins. Jack said the ramekin was only in the microwave for a few seconds when the chocolate began to bubble up. So he opened the microwave door, and next moment I heard him utter a loud yelp and I heard the sound of smashing pottery!
Atara, I had to leave my laptop to come and nurse my poor Jack who had burnt his fingertips! I also had to clear up the chocolate and shards of ramekin that exploded all over half of my kitchenette. Jack can’t play the guitar at the moment Atara, his fingertips are so sore, and he can’t press on the chords without pain!!
Spoilt for choice with chocolate songs…but we have not had any Kylie Minogue this weekend…there is still time to correct that!
Remember…baking is a bit like fireworks. It can be great fun and look spectacular…but always make sure you have a responsible adult with you!!!