Lately I am glad of everybody and everything that is uplifting and encouraging. Working for the NHS is tiring and I am missing my family and friends (including Jack), my normal life of projects all over London and working with lots of volunteers from various ages and backgrounds, and sad not to be going to Australia to see my Goldfinch.
I need cheering up!!! WordPress bloggers are helping lift my spirits by sharing their favourite things! I was also nominated to take part in the TEN OF MY FAVOURITE FEELINGS challenge by Sadje, the creator of Keep it alive, as you can see from her post below:
This lovely challenge was created by the fabulous X A N D R I A as you can see from her original post below:
TEN OF MY FAVOURITE FEELINGS
1. Hearing the voices of my family on the phone. Especially the voice of my little niece singing to me. Even better is being with my family. But because of the social distancing restrictions I have not been able to them for months.
2. The excitement that builds when my train/plane is just about to arrive and I know that Goldfinch is waiting for me. Falling asleep with his arms wrapped around me.
3. Walking in the woods when they are empty of people, and listening to birdsong, seeing squirrels scamper, feeling golden sunshine on my skin and discovering purple carpets of bluebells. Sensing how much life is throbbing all around me. Realizing I cannot hear any cars nor can I see any grey concrete. Imagining the day when the whole earth will be a paradise.
4. Slipping in between fresh sheets in my bed and breathing in the sandalwood fabric spray. My “thank you for this day and please help me to make your heart glad” prayer before I drift away into sweet sleep.
5. Sitting in the Royal Albert Hall as the audience suddenly goes silent and the orchestra begin to play. Especially when it is a John Williams tribute concern or a Music From the Movies event!
6. Signs that winter is over and spring and summer are on the way – snowdrops and ducklings, lambs and cherry-tree blossoms make way for everything I love!!
7. Snuggling up on the sofa with Jack and listening to him tell me how his day was. Gladness that he is back in my life and we are at peace. Thrill at the thought when the whole human family is at peace and pain and resentment are all forgotten.
8. Diving into cool water on a hot day. My favourite water experience was when we went scuba diving in Turkey. Tiny little fish swimming in and out of our fingers – it was amazing!
9. Lacing up my hiking boots to go walking with friends and then after a steep ascent, arriving at the top of a hill or mountain and taking in a breathtaking view! (Can I also mention one of the most amazing moments of my life when we were sledging in the North of Sweden and the sun started to rise turning the snow in to a dazzling rainbow of colours!)
10. Being at a large event with thousands of other volunteers I have met and worked with over the past twenty two years. The hugs, the laughter, the singing. Realizing we don’t need a police presence at our events despite tens of thousands of people of all ages and cultures being present. Seeing the joy volunteers display as they clean and repair the area and leave it better than before we arrived. Dreaming of the day the whole earth will be clean and full of joyful people who work together to keep our home planet beautiful.
We were asked to provide ten of our favourite feelings…but I am going to give you a bonus feeling! I sing to myself on the way to and from work…and I often choose to sing songs from “The Sound Of Music”. I also love love love the anticipation as the opening few minutes of footage take you on a tour of Salzburg before Julie Andrews begins to sing “The hills are alive…with the sound of music”!!! It is so gorgeous!!!