The Music Man Is In The House

Around this time every weekend, a very important post appears on WordPress. Many of you will know the name Jim Adams (aka Newepicauthor) who faithfully hosts a party every single week. Jim the creator of A Unique Title For Me, hosts the hugely popular SONG-LYRIC-SUNDAY. This week he has very kindly chosen a baking/picnic theme for SLS as you will see as soon as Jim’s post is published.

But as well as hosting one of the best musical events on WordPress, Jim is also a true talent in the kitchen. You may have heard whispers of his legendary bean casserole (a Thanksgiving must have), but Jim has another hearty dish up his sleeve. Jim made this delicious Pastitsio, that is layered with pasta, spiced meat and parmesan-flavored custard.

This was the post Jim published sharing the secret recipe to his sensational dish:


I think many of you know SONG-LYRIC-SUNDAY and love taking part every week. But if you have never visited Jim’s SLS posts…I thought I would give you a little idea of what it is like when a huge number of bloggers all post a song of their choice in response to Jim’s chosen theme!!! There are some of us who cannot stay away!!!

I am sure Jim would be more than happy for me to extend the invite to all WordPress bloggers…every Sunday, there is a party waiting for you. So make sure you look out for Jim’s SONG-LYRIC-SUNDAY post and check out the long list of bloggers who will post their song choice for the week!

12 thoughts on “The Music Man Is In The House”

    1. I don’t know how you manage to host what is essentially like an awesome blogging party every single week!! There is a lot that goes into watching out for all the pingbacks and comments that come flying from all directions ❤

      Liked by 1 person

  1. SLS does keep me busy, but the post that I write for it is easy as it is almost the same every week except for the first paragraph. I have my site set up so the pingbacks come through with out having to be approved, that is if they don’t end up in my spam folder which I usually check. I have prompts ready to go up till October 11 this year and I know what song I will be writing about for all of them. I enjoy listening to about 90% of the songs and I try to be courteous for the other 10% that i have to listen to. The lady that originated this challenge and hosted it before me was a very sweet person and it is very popular, so when she got sick I volunteered to keep it going. I am the host of another music challenge that takes place every other Friday called the MM Music Challenge, which is not very popular and this Friday I will discuss the Sade song Smooth Operator. You should check it out, if you have time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s